Foods grown from the ground (Fruits and Vegetables) ought to be a significant piece of your everyday diet. They are normally acceptable and contain nutrients and minerals that can assist with keeping you solid. They can likewise help ensure against certain maladies.
Fruits and vegetables in the daily diet have been strongly associated with reduced risk for some forms of cancer, heart disease, stroke, and other chronic diseases. in case you never took your time to check, the following most common fruits and vegetables have the following benefits:
Tomatoes is a fruit. it is also known as “solanum lycopersicum“. It is a major source of antioxidant lycopene. The health benefits includes;
- contains Vitamin C
- potassium Folate also known as Vitamin B9 important for tissue growth and cell function
- Vitamin K ( important for bone health)
- carbohydrates and fiber
- simple sugars
- skin health.
- reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer
Red peppers are very beneficial and after this, you may start increasing your consumption of pepper. Here are some of the key benefits of red pepper
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B6
- vitamin A
- It helps prevent cancers including prostate and lung.
- It helps burn calories.
Onion is an important recipe in most meals because of its flavor and is packed with so many nutrients. some of the benefits include
- heart health
- Boost immune system
- Reduce cancer
- Increased or promotes digestion.
- It also regulates blood sugar.
NB: don’t abuse it cause too much onion consumption can also cause other health issues.
Garlic is noted and proven for its numerous health benefits. You can get those benefits by either using them alone or together with other recipes. People use it as a flavoring in cooking and some of the health benefits of garlic are;
- Reduce the risk of lung cancer.
- Reduce the risk of brain cancer.
- Lower or reduce hip or osteoarthritis.
- A powerful antibiotic.
- Protect the heart.
- Reduce high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure.
- Reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Reduce alcohol-induced liver injury.
- Reduce preterm (premature) delivery.
Cucumber is an important vegetable. And it contains a lot of health benefits or nutrients. Some of these benefits of cucumber are.
- Lowers blood sugar
- Vitamin c and k
- It is an antioxidant
- Promotes hydration
- Help reduce weight
- Promotes regularity
- Improves heart health
- Protects the skin against the effects of aging
- Reduce the risk of cancer.
Carrots are also known as “Daucus carota“ contains a variety of nutrients and benefits. Eating carrots will boost your immune system. Below are some of the benefits of carrots.
- Vitamins (vitamin A, B, K1, and B6)
- Potassium (essential for blood pressure control).
- Reduce the risk of cancer.
- Lower blood cholesterol.
- Aids eye health.
- It helps in weight loss.
- Promote skin health.
- It enhances hair growth.
- Reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Strengthen bones.
- Promote liver health and eliminates toxins.
Green peppers are basically green colored bell peppers or sweet peppers (capsicum annum) it has a number of benefits, let’s explore some of them.
- It reduces blood cholesterol
- helps control diabetes
- source of a very powerful antioxidant
- anti-inflammatory powers
- helps keep skin youthful
- promotes healthy and shiny hair.
- It boosts the immune system.
- It reduces the risk of colon cancer
- promotes eye health
It is a great delicacy for most people but what really are the benefits of consuming okra? Some of the key benefits of okra are;
- great for weight loss.
- promotes healthy skin.
- stabilizes blood sugar.
- treats lung inflammation.
- okra juice is used to treat sore throat associated with coughing.
- used for healing ulcers and to keep joints limber.
- neutralizes acids.
- prevents and improves constipation.
- Reduces respiratory problems.
- protects from stomach ulcers.
The Latin name of ginger is “zingiber officinale“. Its native plants originated from India. it is one of the most common ingredients in most traditional medicines. some of the benefits include;
- reduces neurological inflammation.
- prevents blood clotting.
- relieves joint pain.
- detoxifies and disinfects.
- reduces nausea.
- relieves migraine.
- lowers blood sugar levels.
- benefits memory and attention.
- reduces muscle pain and soreness.
- prevent menstrual cramps.
- relieves heartburn.
- promotes healthy blood pressure.
Papaya is one of the commonest fruit ones can find. It contains a lot of nutrients that most people are not aware of. Eating papaya regularly can prevent the risk of so many illnesses. Papaya helps our system in so many ways such as;
- It detoxifies the body.
- aids digestion.
- boosts the immune system.
- Reduces sugar spikes.
- soothes intestinal inflammation.
- helps in weight loss.
- helps prevent cancer.
- promotes a healthy heart.
- improves eyesight.